A pearl in the heart of Europe
On the shores of Lake Geneva, tucked between the mountains of the Jura and the Alps, the canton of Vaud is the largest French-speaking region Switzerland. Situated at the heart of Europe, Vaud is also half way between the United States and the Far East.
The region benefits from Switzerland’s privileged position as one of the most prosperous nations on earth, with a quality of life that is one of the highest on this planet (see: The Economist - The where-to-be-born index, 2013).
The canton also has a multitude of specific assets which make it an ideal environment and base for your activities in Europe :
- state-of-the-art infrastructures,
- an international airport nearby,
- a stable political structure,
- an attractive tax regime,
- a highly qualified and cosmopolitan workforce,
- research and cutting edge skills in modern technologies,
- a network of prestigious schools and universities,
- highly efficient financial services,
- a rich and varied economic fabric, with the presence of numerous multinationals and international organisations.
All this in a region that is manageable in size !
- Largest canton in western Switzerland in both area (3’200 sq. km, nearly 8% of Switzerland’s national territory) and population (more than 700,000 inhabitants, thus the third largest canton in Switzerland)
- A cosmopolitan population with 32% from outside of Switzerland
- Lausanne - 4th largest city in Switzerland - with roughly 130,000 inhabitants
- Area is about an hour’s flight from most European capitals