“Over 70% of our patients are international. Three important factors in attracting them to us are our region’s well-deserved reputation for security, our own high standards of quality service, and our exclusivity.”
Clinique La Prairie
Enjoying the best of health !
Health and well-being are the most important assets in life. The canton of Vaud has a long international tradition for offering top quality treatment and care: royalty and important people from throughout the world have been coming here since the end of the 19th century to restore their health or receive medical treatment.
Its special location provides a thoroughly healthy setting for the whole family. The air is pure and the climate beneficial.
The canton of Vaud boasts hospital facilities and medical infrastructures that are among the most advanced in the world. The Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois Vaud University Hospital) in particular is a focal point for medicine and medical research in Europe.
- A university hospital (CHUV) at the cutting edge of medical research (www.chuv.ch)
- Numerous private clinics with an excellent international reputation (www.vaud-cliniques.ch)
- Around 45 doctors and 4 pharmacies for every 10,000 inhabitants
- Almost 4,000 hospital and clinic beds
- Almost 6,600 places in more than 100 medical-social establishments (EMS)
- Spa and wellbeing centers dating from the Roman era